We all have different reasons for feeling stressed and have unique ways of dealing with it. Everyone doesn’t like to sweat it out with exercise; some choose a comparatively relaxing approach to yoga. For those who prefer yoga to fight with their stress and enjoy other health benefits that it has to offer, here we are suggesting you some easy yoga poses to relieve stress.
Sukhasana: Easy Sitting Pose
This yoga pose will help you achieve inner peace and happiness.
Sit down with your legs extended. Bend your knees in a cross position, so that your left foot is below your right knee and your right foot is below your left knee. Place your palms on your knees (not facing upward).
- Sukhasana (easy sitting pose) reduces mental and physical exhaustion.
- It promotes inner calm.
- This yoga pose eliminates stress and anxiety.
Required time for this yoga pose: Stay in this position for 60 seconds and then switch your legs.
Savasana: Corpse Pose
Savasana (corpse pose) is one of the most effective yoga pose for managing stress.
Lie down on your back. Make sure your legs do not touch each other and keep your palms facing upwards. Close your eyes and start breathing deeply. As you breathe, gradually bring your attention to each part of your body.
- Savasana (corpse pose) puts our body to ease and provides complete relaxation
- It triggers a state of deep rest that lowers blood pressure and calms our nervous system.
Required time for this yoga pose: 3-5 minutes of this stress-relieving yoga pose can help you attain relaxation.
Paschimottanasana: Seated Forward Bend
It is a great yoga pose to reduce stress and improve our physical health.
Start seated with legs extended. Now lean forward with an attempt to touch your feet with your hands. Hold this position for as long as you can and then slowly relax.
- Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend) reduces tension and stretches our muscles.
- This yoga pose helps in relaxing our mind.
- It gives relief in menopause, kidneys, liver, and ovaries.
Required time for this yoga pose: 5-10 seconds is a good enough time to stay in this pose.
Uttanasana: Standing forward bend
This yoga pose offers many mental and physical health benefits.
Exhale slowly and bend your body forward and try to touch your finger on the floor. Press your head against your legs. Hold for 4-8 breaths and return to the normal standing position.
- This yoga pose releases muscle tension from our hamstrings, hips, and thighs.
- It also relieves stress, mild depression symptoms, and fatigue.
- Uttanasana (standing forward bend) also cools down our nervous system.
Required time for this yoga pose: 1 minute of this relaxing yoga pose can release your mental stress.
Bitilasana: Cow Pose
Generally, the cat and cow pose is performed simultaneously. Just like cat pose, cow pose is also an easy yoga asana to reduce stress.
Start from all fours – in a tabletop position—your knees under your hips and wrists under your shoulders or slightly forwards of them.
Spread your fingers, root down through the base of the fingers and press your fingers on the mat. On an inhalation, lower the belly, lift your chest, tailbone pointing up and look up.
Exhale and come back to your neutral ‘tabletop’ position.
- Cow pose is a warming yoga pose for your spine.
- This yoga posture reduces stress and helps to keep your mind calm.
- It also creates an emotional balance by massaging the organs.
Required time for this yoga pose: 30 seconds into this pose are sufficient to reduce stress.
Marjaryasana: Cat Pose
This yoga pose is easy to learn. Along with making you look like a cat, it a great yoga pose to relieve stress.
Start with your hands and knees (all fours) on the floor. Make sure your wrists are under the shoulder and your knees are under the hips. On the exhale, pull your belly in, round your spine towards the ceiling, lift your side waists and release your head toward the floor.
Then, inhale and come back to your normal starting position.
- Marjaryasana (Cat Pose) soothes and stretches our lower back.
- Your body, especially your muscles, is calmed by this posture.
- It relieves stress.
Required time for this yoga pose: 30 seconds in this position are enough to relax your body
Now it’s time for you to try these easy yoga poses to relieve stress. Do share with me which yoga pose you tried for yourself.
Also, if you know anyone who’s struggling with day-to-day stress, then help them by sharing this write up.
Now, you are all fully ready to combat stress in your life and lead a happy life.
Read more articles: