From home remedies to other skincare products and skin treatments, there are several options available for our skincare. Essential oils are one of them. There are a lot of benefits of essential oil for skin.
Essential oils are botanical extracts of different roots, herbs, and leaves. It can cure all your skin problems such as dryness, oiliness, wrinkles, scars, acne, blackheads, pigmentation, and many more.
These oils have everything you need for your skin. It’s the right solution for all your skin problems. There are a lot of benefits of essential oil for skin.
Guidelines to be followed while using essential oils –
While using essential oils, you need to be careful. A little bit of carelessness can cause you problems. Before starting here are some guidelines you should follow while using essential oil :
1. Always dilute them with a carrier oil like jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil, or even with a moisturizer.
2. Do a patch test before applying to a larger area of skin to make sure whether it suits your skin or not.
3. Avoid oral ingestion and internal application.
4. Keep essential oil out of reach of children and pets.
5. If you want to use essential oil during your pregnancy, then consult with the doctor or healthcare provider.
6. Keep essential oils away from flammable areas as they are highly flammable.
7. Follow the guidelines mentioned on the packaging label.
8. If you are suffering from any disease or taking certain medications, then consult your doctor before using essential oil.
Lavender Essential Oil
1. Lavender essential oil itself is self-sufficient for most of your skin problems.
2. It has those few natural ingredients that will help you in getting rid of your acne.
3. The oil’s pain-relieving and numbing ability soothe the inflammation.
4. Lavender has antifungal properties that soothe eczema. Eczema makes your skin dry and causes itchiness.
5. It also works as a toner.
Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Peppermint essential oil is a true skin saver if used properly.
2. It works great on acne due to its antibacterial property.
3. The cooling effect of peppermint essential oil helps in toning your skin.
4. It is the best choice for oily and combination skin. It prevents clogged pores and controls the secretion of excess oil.
5. Its soothing and cooling effect gives relief from skin irritation, burns, and skin rashes.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
1. Its antibacterial and antimicrobial property kills bacteria that ultimately reduce acne problems.
2. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
3. It works as a toner and tightens your skin.
4. Rich in vitamin A and C, antioxidant properties, grapefruit essential oil limits the ageing process and helps in regenerating your skin.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
1. Also known as ‘Melaleuca Essential oil‘.
2. Tea tree oil reduces several acne symptoms, including acne severity.
3. It can combat oily skin.
4. It also works as antiseptic and anti-inflammatory for itchy and dry skin.
5. The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil work effectively on wounds.
6. Tea Tree Oil as an effective treatment for skin tags. Skin tags are small flesh-coloured growths on the skin, although harmless they can be difficult to remove.
Rosemary Essential Oil
1. This oil contains several essential vitamins, iron, and calcium which are good for the skin.
2. It helps in reducing the signs of ageing.
3. Because of its antioxidant property and astringent properties rosemary essential oil can make your skin tighten and youthful.
4. It works as a natural cleanser and helps in removing dead skin cells, blackheads, whiteheads, and other impurities that make your skin dull.
5. Rosemary essential oil helps in reducing acne, inflammation, and redness that is associated with eczema and dermatitis.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil
1. This oil promotes skin health and cell regeneration because it contains a high amount of antioxidants.
2. Carrot seed essential oil helps you retain your youth, repair the damages done to your tissues, and protect your skin from wrinkles.
3. It gives you sun protection of between 25-35 SPF.
4. It is useful in combating bacterias that reduces acne and pimples.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
1. This oil gives your skin a natural skin glow when applied topically.
2. Ylang Ylang essential oil has an antibacterial compound that can help fight infections by purifying.
3. It gives a moisturizing effect on dry skin and improves the regeneration of skin cells.
4. It has anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Essential oils are the essence of nature. These are not harmful as long as you use them safely. Choose the right one that suits your skin. Apart from getting healthy skin, essential oils are also used to boost mood, sleep better, reduce stress, relieve headaches, and migraines.
Recommended articles :